Baby Sheridan is 28 weeks today and is about the size of a Chinese cabbage or an eggplant.
Here’s what Baby Sheridan has been up to this week:
- Baby Sheridan weighs 2-1/4 pounds and measures 14.8 inches from the top of her head to her heels.
- She can blink her eyes, which now sport lashes (which will be crazy long and white blonde if they’re like my Rylnn’s!)
- She may be able to see the light that filters in through the womb.
- She’s also developing billions of neurons in her brain and adding more body fat in preparation for life in the outside world.
And here’s what’s been happening with me this past week:
How far along? 28 weeks
Baby’s size? Chinese cabbage or eggplant
Total weight gain/loss: Still sporting my recent couple of pounds weight loss…Go figure. I go to the doctor Friday so we’ll see
Stretch marks? still none and still religiously rubbing my buddha belly with cocoa butter!
Sleep: VERY well…The only problem I have now, besides not being able to sleep on my belly, is the fact that when I roll over, apparently I think the only way I can roll is belly down. This does NOT work out so well…most of the time after I roll over she starts kicking me and I’m pretty sure it’s a, “Hey mom! You’re squishing me here! Roll over with your back down genius!”
Miss Anything? Still my belly sleeping…Not being able to breathe when I sing!
Movement: She is still participating in her zumba classes every evening and most mornings like a crazy girl. However, I can tell she’s starting to run out of room in there because what used to be sharp jabs and definite kicks are turning into more of large rolls and longer movements, if that makes sense.
Food cravings: Still loving my Diet Sierra Mist Cranberry and pretty much all chocolate.
Food aversions: Nothing really which is wonderful!
Anything making you queasy or sick: Only when I eat too much…It doesn’t take much to fill me up but then I’m hungry about 2 hours later.
Labor Signs: Still some Braxton Hicks
- wanting to clean everything…I think it’s a little early to be “nesting” but my house looks great!
- eating constantly-but unable to eat a lot at once
- hormones…the WEIRDEST things make me cry!
- lower back pain
- Braxton Hicks
Belly Button in or out? Still in…Never popped out with Rylnn so we’ll see
Wedding rings on or off? On.
Maternity clothes? Goodness yes
Baby items purchased? Won’t really have to purchase anything except for diapers, wipes, formula and bottles (if she’s picky) because we have received so many items from so many of our family and friends. Love you all!
Happy or moody most of the time: Ugh…this was a weepy week. That’s all I have to say about that.
Funny moments this week: There is a mouse in my house. This happens every winter but apparently being pregnant makes the situation WAY worse. After the “sighting” I was literally up on top of my counter-height dining room table…Seriously.
Looking forward to: I have a doctor’s appointment on Friday so I’m pretty excited about hearing that heartbeat!